Sunday, May 2, 2010

ready to carrie on!

Last night, myself, Erica, Katie and Allie got together for a girls' night in of dinner and a Sex and the City marathon! We watched a few episodes from season 4 and then bumped it up to the movie, which came out almost exactly 2 years ago. I remember a few of my friends in Halifax and I were a few of the first people lined up to get into the late viewing of the show opening night. We stood there, dressed up in our pretty heels and waited in line for almost an hour to ensure good seats (success was achieved).

I can tell you (and I'm sure my feelings are shared by many) that I am pretty excited about the sequel, set to be released Thursday, May 27! I'm not sure whether or not that will result in a theatre viewing in Saint John to occur that evening or Friday- but I can assure you I will be buying a ticket to the movie's opening night here.
According to the offical site for Sex and The City 2: "The fun, the fashion, the friendship: Sex and the City 2 brings it all back and more as Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis) and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) take another bite out of The Big Apple and beyond carrying on with their busy lives and loves in a sequel that truly sparkles"

Trailer 1



Trailer 2



We can see the following pieces to the plot-line are going to unfold: The girls somehow manage to score an all expenses paid trip to Abu Dhabi! Carrie catches Big flirting with a Spanish woman (Penelope Cruz)....but things are further complicated when she bumps into ex-fiance Aiden (John Corbett) in Abu Dhabi.


It was fairly popular in many cities a few years ago, when the first movie was in theatres, for women to get dolled up and don their stilletos in order to dress the part! I can say that I will be sipping a Comopolitan that evening and I'm currently searching out a pair of new heels for the occasion (stay tuned)!

No comments: