Thursday, June 3, 2010

shopping wish list

Tomorrow evening I leave for Toronto to visit my best friend (and maid of honour to be) Kristen! I decided to make a long weekend of it, departing tomorrow and returning Monday morning. There have been previous trips where we have shopped until we dropped! I'd like to focus on a little variety of activity and show some restraint when it comes to handing over my debit card- I'm trying to be a little bit more conservative in my shopping over the next month or so (after all, I did just switch jobs and need to build a full caseload). But of course there will be shopping this weekend...it is Toronto after all! I've compiled my own reference in the form of an inspiration page to keep myself on track for the styles, trends, and colours I'm looking to add to my wardrobe this summer. Please, do take a look!

Let's start out with a colour palette that I love right now: pastels. I'm generally looking for tops in pastel hues that have a romantic, feminine and fun design.

Above: bubblegum pink, acid yellow, ice blue, and aquamarine
(Photo from Harper's Bazaar)

I would say you could add a lilac to complete the mix. The only colour I'd have to say I can't pull off is the acid yellow (although Sarah Jessica Parker pulled off an amazing Valentino gown in a similar but more neon shade for the opening of SATC 2). I like more of a sunshine yellow:

Modcloth

Speaking of feminine and fun, I'm looking for patterns that are a soft, but random splash of designs or perhaps a pretty floral design:

Kensie
Kensie
Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch

I really like some of the colourful and bright plaids out this season, such as the following 2 dresses from Abercrombie and the plaid shirt from American Eagle (that I would only be interested in if it's long on the torso)...

Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch
American Eagle

My current loves in the way of skirts, would be either just a pretty pattern or solid colour with the thicker waist bands- great for comfort and tucking shirts in to be certain they stay secure! Also, I've also wanted a tutu inspired skirt...

Free People
Nasty Girl

I'm definitely wanting in a white dress, either with lace or ruffle detail- in either a mini or maxi length.

Free People
Free People
Kensie
Mango

White is predicted to be a hot colour this summer. Other white pieces I would love to have would be the white skinny jean (I think without the distressed look- it would be more versatile that way) and the white blazer:

American Eagle
Bop Basics

One look that has grown on me is the military or utilitarian look:
Mango

For the more fun, casual looks: cropped jeans- either distressed or dark wash:

American Eagle
Abercrombie & Fitch


And on the jean theme, I'd also like a fitted jean jacket (although it doesn't necessary have to be a cropped version like this Guess one below):

Guess

Horizontal stripes have been re-emerging as a likely trend:

Abercrombie & Fitch
Abercrombie & Fitch


My wardrobe is definitely lacking in pretty summer shorts:
American Eagle
American Eagle
American Eagle

Craving some cute summer shoes, steering away from just the every day neutrals:
Aldo
Aldo

Something very specific I am positive I want: this Coach lap top case since I'll be toting my computer around a lot more.

Coach

And perhaps a new wristlet? (we'll see...)

Julia Collection by Coach

I promise, I have no intentions of bringing home this much stuff! I'll only be brining back a few pieces. This is just for fun (don't we all get carried away with wish lists?) and a few memos to keep in mind when I'm browsing... Any thoughts or recommendations? I'm also bringing my laptop to Toronto, so I'll be updating you on my finds and style while in the big city!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chelsea! If you get a chance you have to go to Second Nature boutique at Davisville station (they have a website) It's where I got my Manolo's and coach shoes (for cheap!)It was my weekly routine when I lived in the city.
Nadine

Elle Sees said...

I'm allll about some yellow and coral this summer.
and thanks for following me on Twitter :)

ellesees.blogspot.com

Cham said...

I adore all the white dresses you picked. I'd buy them all myself if I could! You will cute in whatever you pick. Looking forward to your updates to see what you end up with. Happy shopping!

shannon said...

I tried on the pink aldo flats in an AMAZING mint-ish green. I can't get them, butv - you should! i think you'd loooove them.

shannon said...

ps- arie has a lot of cute white dresses right now.

Anonymous said...

Finally, an issue that I am passionate about. I have looked for information of this caliber for the last several hours. Your site is greatly appreciated.