Wednesday, October 20, 2010

sparkle and shine...

I love clothing that has texture to it, be it studs, feathers, faux fur, ruching, ruffles, sequins...anything that adds a little richness and a little glam to an outfit. Saturday night I put on a tank that gleamed with metallic sparkle- I was feeling a little festive. B & I headed uptown to hang out and have a few drinks with Joel and his roomate Matt. So where you see me standing is the boys' kitchen. My outfit shots are technically incomplete since I forgot to put my shoes back on (oops)- I was wearing my Aldo black wedge booties, but in these shots they are still sitting by the door...





The Outfit

Sequined tank- Mango (Toronto, May '09)
Black jeggings- Guess- Pseudio (SJ, Dec '09)
Grey blazer- R&W Co. (SJ, May '10)
Black purse- Coach (Toronto, Sept '10)

Since the sequined top was bold in it's own right, I went with a minimalist approach to accessories: an onyx pair of studs. I did my eye make-up in glittery bronze and copper shades to coordinate with the hues of the metallic tank. 

I ended my night with a bowl of ice cream and an episode of The Rachel Zoe Project on my laptop before bed. I'm not sure how I've been so far behind, but I love (ok, I'm obsessed with) this show. Rachel Zoe has been added to my list of definite inspirations. 

3 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

Love that sparkly top!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Your tank is beyond chic.

The Anthology said...

Cute sequins!

I'm such a Rachel Zoe addict too. So inspiring!

*Kelsey