Wednesday, December 8, 2010

are we there yet?


So, technically, Monday had marked the end of a 30-day period that started on November 7: the 30 for 30 Fashion Challenge. I've been taking daily photos but haven't been able to keep up with the daily posts! Given that I'm about 11 posts short of the full 30 now, I thought I'd play catch-up by compiling my remixing in a round-up style. Above is outfits 19 through 24!

In her latest blog post, Kendi talked about uncovering a new personal philosophy this time around out of the 30 for 30 experience:  "There is no such thing as a perfect wardrobe, there is only such a thing as your wardrobe." I have to agree: it's quality over quantity; having the most doesn't mean you have the best. Everyone has their own style and different things are going to work for them. So choosing any items to add to my wardrobe in the future should be a selective, smart decision. (For goodness sake, I'm running out of room!) 

"Are we there yet?" (as said by the typical little child in the backseat). Not quite, but almost! Coming up this week would be the conclusive outfits, numbers 25-30. I'd have to say I've learned to appreciate my wardrobe much more through this process and I'm glad to have access to all my clothing again!  

2 comments:

Courtney Erin said...

I love all these looks - you did a really good job with the challenge (I also have to say that you look gorgeous in green - it's my favorite color but I don't have the coloring to really pull it off so I'm very jealous).

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

Linda W said...

I love that are doing the challenge your way and staying true to your goal of your site. You are still leaving time for your regular posting schedule. These 6 outfits looks great. I like the vest/hat/menswear inspired out the best just because it is the most unique.

The Auspicious Life