Sunday, December 26, 2010

holiday style...

I find what I wear over the days surrounding Christmas vary between the extremes of comfy casual during quiet, relaxing moments and dressing up to attend parties with family and friends. Below I've mapped out my favourite items I plan to implement, style, or wear over the holidays:

 

 
    
  1. Some of my outfits while at home blogging, reading, or opening presents will likely involve a loose top or sweater, such as a long v-neck Toggery top and vest I purchased from The Black Dog Boutique recently.
  2. 'Tis the season to add a little sparkle to your outfit. Using the write pieces, you can work sequins into a casual outfit or evening wear.
  3. Leggings are great for comfort: perfect under a long top or skirt to stay warm.
  4. Cute dresses are necessity for special events like Christmas parties or family dinners. Two dresses I have set aside are I bought from Je Suis Prest Boutique last month: a grey Jack dress and a blue and navy Kling dress.
  5. When wearing a short dress this time of year, it's a little warmer (as well as festive) to throw on a pair of coloured or sparkly pantyhose.
  6. Most of the time I wear studs because my hair is big enough! I also usually tend to wear bigger necklaces, so I go easy on the earrings. I tend to choose silver or gold, depending on the rest of my jewelry.
  7. I'm really into statement necklaces lately: particularly ones such as those created by ESquared.
  8. My nail polish picks for the holidays include Chanel's shades of Coromandel and Gold Lamé
  9. A smokey eye is something that can be worn with a variety of looks and can be applied in varying degrees of boldness for a day or night look.
  10. During the week, I work in many locations that are scent free so I typically save perfume for occasions. One of my favourites is Burberry Brit.
  11. Out of my shoe collection I'm likely to choose red or black pumps to complete any dressier looks. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and that Santa found you all! ;)

No comments: