Thursday, January 13, 2011

hand-me-downs...

It's not very often I get to benefit from a situation like this, but my sister bought a beautiful pair of purple pumps that just didn't end up fitting her properly. She gave up and kindly offered them to me, in mint condition! And that's how I inherited the.! As the eldest child I never got hand-me-downs. And while I'm certainly not complaining, there are definitely perks to taking on someone's pre-loved items.

And while we're on the topic, I believe I may have dropped a hint about Rhoda's earlier this week...again,  Kiera of Je Suis Prest Boutique has rounded up a bunch of fashionable ladies to sell our previously loved clothing at Rhoda's Flea Market. Come visit us on Sunday, February 20: it's an awesome way to score a new wardrobe on the cheap! Mark this in your calendars ladies! 


The Outfit:

  • Purple sheer top- Jack BB Dakota- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Jan '11)
  • Grey dress- Jack BB Dakota- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Nov '10)
  • Argyle black tights- Ricki's- (SJ, Dec '09)
  • Purple shoes- Guess (from my sister, Dec '10)

Since I purchased this Jack dress, I've only worn it on special occasions: a Christmas party, Christmas eve. Last week I threw this purple top underneath to dress it now and try for a more casual day-look. I've made this conscious effort lately to dress for how I want to feel. Don't know about you, but I always feel uplifted when I have an excuse to put on a pretty dress! I've decided that maybe I don't need an excuse!

 

3 comments:

Rochelle Approved said...

That's awesome! I know my older sister is always happy when I let her go through clothes that don't fit me just right! :-)

Rochelle

Just Another Shopaholic said...

That is dress is sooo lovely on you girl!

Courtney Erin said...

I love those purple pumps - sometimes hand me downs can be a very wonderful thing indeed!

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com