Monday, February 21, 2011

one powerful hair dryer...

Saturday morning, I rolled out of bed and hurried across town for an appointment with my hair stylist at Reflections Day Spa (who also happens to be my aunt)! I'd been eagerly awaiting this appointment for a few weeks. WIth my colour faded and winter dryness in effect, my hair definitely in need of a pick-me-up!

Heather added caramel and blonde highlights to my hair with foils. As far as the cut, I went for a trim where I'm trying to grow out my hair for the wedding. Here's the "after shot" of my new 'do:



Here's an interest fact about my Saturday morning salon experience: I had my hair dried by a Ferrari engine. I kid you not! Ferrari has actually designed an engine specficially to fit in a hair dryer (the Babyliss Pro Voltare). Apparently it dries your hair in half the time. The world of hair care tools doesn't get any sportier than that!


(Photo: Nailtech Institute)



Saturday afternoon I met up with local photographer Sean McGrath for a photo shoot in uptown Saint John! I'll tell you, it was a windy and chilly day but Sean was great to work with and it was a fun experience (despite the fact that I was dancing around outside like an idiot to stay warm!) Look for those outfit photos in upcoming blog posts!

Tomorrow I'm featuring my first video blog post (vlog)- here's to hoping I'm not totally awkward!- to review a new cosmetics purchase.




P.S. Don't forget to enter to win a ticket to Silver Daisy Design's Fashion Social on March 3!


No comments: