Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Saint John Cut Collective


Last week I shared with you the behind-the-scenes of the fashion shoot Saint John Cut. Borrowing a photo from Sheldon Parsons, let me introduce you to the creative group as a whole (minus a few members):


Front Row: Beth McRae, Fran Menton, Apple Dog
Middle Row: Kate McLean, Nadine Parsons, Chelsea Mason, Kiera Fraser, Emily Fraser, Barb Crawford, Kelly Lawson
(Missing from shot: Beaver Smith, Dan Culberson, Alex Pesold)

Sharing with you the work of some talented local photographers, I thought I'd also show you the outfit I put together from Je Suis Prest Boutique:


Photo by Sean McGrath

Photo by Sean McGrath

Photso by Sean McGrath

Photo by Sean McGrath

Photos by Kelly Lawson

Photo by Sheldon Parsons


The Outfit
Top: Free People- c/o Je Suis Prest Boutique
Skirt: Free People- c/o Je Suis Prest Boutique
Belt- Chinese Laundry- c/o Je Suis Prest Boutique
Headband- c/o Je Suis Prest Boutique
Pantyhose- American Apparel- c/o my closet
Shoes- Steve Madden- The Urban Shoe Myth- c/o my closet


When Carrie did this fantastic look with my make-up, I realized I was going to have to work a serious look in photos. I usually go for goofy or happy expressions in my outfit photos, so I at first I felt a little nervous. I never confront the camera straight on with a bold or serious look. (I'll be honest: I had to practice my more serious expressions in the mirror to feel a little more confident!) However it was a great exercise for pushing my boundaries a little and trying something new! Thanks everyone for a wonderful afternoon and making me look good!



No comments: