Tuesday, April 19, 2011

photo adventure...

On the rainy Sunday past, Emma (aka Darling Dilemma) and I sat in Tim Hortons uptown, sipping coffee and chatting. One of our conversations focused on the interesting reality of what connections Twitter can bring- who we've met based on followings and the opportunities it has provided us each. I initially came into contact with Emma last fall when I came across her as a Saint Johner with jewellery site on Esty and proposed I help promote her designs through a giveaway on my blog. She's one of those lovely people I'm glad I've gotten the chance to know after networking online. 

King Street and Brunswick Square were both bare, but things were hopping in Market Square! Emma, being a bit more of a knowledgeable photographer than myself took my outfit photos that day and in exchange I was happy to accessorize my outfit with some of her designs! I'm not the first local blogger she has teamed up with as a fun way to promote her brand- she and Melissa (Sigh Gush Gasp)- got together last month for their own photo adventure uptown (click here and here)! 

Here's the results of our indoor collaboration due to the less than stellar weather that day!

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Orchid

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Orchid

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Orchid

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Orchid

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Orchid

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Careless Whispers

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Careless Whispers

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Careless Whispers

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Careless Whispers

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Careless Whispers

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Waves of Love

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Waves of Love

Wearing Darling Dilemma's Waves of Love


The Outfit
  • Jean jacket: Bluenotes (SJ, Apr '11)
  • Maxi dress: Yumi- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, Apr '11)
  • Braided elt: Eddie Bauer (Moncton, Aug '06)
  • Wedge sandals: Steve Madden- The Urban Shoe Myth (SJ, Apr '11)
  • Silver cuff bracelet: Coach (gifted from my sister, Dec '10)

Be sure to browse more of Darling Dilemma's jewellery designs and follow her brand via:
*Facebook      *Etsy      *Blog      *Twitter

Check out her blog to find out about the discount she's offering for Mother's Day!
 
Despite the dismal weather outside, this was my first time sporting sandals this year- and I had just picked up these cute, comfy, go-with-everything wedges from The Urban Shoe Myth on Friday during their Grand Opening (and 20% off sale)!







Disclosure: In working with the lovely Emma, she took my outfit photos with her camera and edited them in exchange for modelling and displaying a selection of her necklaces that I felt were a good fit with my personal style.  

No comments: