Friday, June 3, 2011

what to wear: summer weddings (Along the Shore)



Hello Lovelies! My name is Rebecca from Along the Shore and I am so happy to be doing a guest post for Chelsea as she gets married and goes on her honeymoon! I hope you are having a fabulous time dear!

Bright Ideas



Spring and summer are a time when you may be getting a lot of wedding invitations, and one thing I always am curious about is what to wear. There aren’t many hard and fast rules when going as a guest except for one - don’t wear white!! I can’t stress that enough­!

Vintage Inspired



The only other important thing to look out for is whether the bride and groom specify any special requests as to what to wear. I’ve been to one wedding where the couple suggested we all wear shades of a certain colour, and another wear a bit of sparkle was suggested. But if there are no special suggestions, just keep in mind the venue and time of day and common sense should steer you in the right direction.

Fancy Floral


I have put together a few inspiration boards featuring some pretty dress trends that you may want to try if there are a number of weddings on your spring and summer calendar. You can't go wrong with bright, happy colours. Nothing says celebratory like vibrant jewel tones and joyful colours. Floral prints make a great choice for outdoor or garden venues, and the beauty of a vintage inspired dress is that they are classic and pretty shapes that can take you to any event in style.

I hope these have given you all a few ideas of what you might wear to summer weddings this year! I hope you'll come say hello sometime at Along the Shore - thanks again Chelsea for giving me the chance to guest post! Happy Honeymoon!




No comments: