Monday, July 25, 2011

bonne fete...



Last Tuesday I leaped into my late 20s...officially. I had dinner with friends and B at the Alehouse in my current favourite dress. When I tried this BB Dakota number on earlier this month in Je Suis Prest, it was the perfect fit. And I just couldn't say no to the pink blazer below when I spotted it in Envy that same Saturday afternoon!

Last week was a busy week! One of the many things on my to-do list was attending Industry Night in Riverview on Thursday evening- and I may have worn the pink blazer again! (It's not that bad to rewear within the week it's not the same group of people, right?) Anyways, I have to say that Saint John dominated in attendance at this event! We all had the opportunity to chat about how Atlantic Canada is viewed as a fashion market and talk about the potential and need for growth of the fashion industry in New Brunswick (especially considering the Maritimes are host to 3 design schools)!



The Outfit
  • Dress: BB Dakota- Je Suis Prest Boutique (SJ, June '11)
  • Blazer: Aubrey- Envy (SJ, June '11)
  • Espadrilles: Steve Madden- The Urban Shoe Myth (SJ, June '11)
  • Belt: American Eagle (SJ, 7-8 yrs ago)
  • Long necklace: Banana Republic (Freeport, Nov '10)
  • Shorter necklace: Swarovski- Charm (SJ, Feb '10)
  • Head band scarf: Coach (Toronto, May '09)
  • Stud earrings: Kate Spade (ordered online, July '11)
  • Clutch: Kate Spade (ordered online, July '11) 


We got a little info on the insights and goals for New Brunswick Fashion Week (NBFW) so far (hashtag #NBFW on Twitter). Tomorrow, I'll give you the scoop in greater details, but here is some of the top take-away messages:

  1. Graphic designers: Buchanan & Co. is hosting a contest in search of an official logo needed ASAP for NBFW! (Email me for more details.)
  2. New Brunswick Fashion Week is on Twitter now: @NBfashionweek
  3. Designers of clothing and accessories in New Brunswick- get the word out on your designs, come forward and prepare to showcase your work come the week of Sept 30- October 8! We want to know who you are! 


 Stay tuned for more details on NBFW tomorrow!



P.S. Thank you so much for all the lovely birthday wishes last week!



No comments: