Monday, July 11, 2011

summer perfection...



Today I had hoped to have my book review up for Jessica Quirk's book, What I Wore: Four Seasons, One Closet, Endless Recipes for Personal Style. Just released on July 5, I enjoyed reading her suggestions for building a versatile wardrobe and viewing the cute illustrations that go along with them. Didn't quite get a chance to finish up my review- so look for that tomorrow. For today, I'll tide you over with an outfit post!

I'd define Friday as one of those perfect summer days- sunny skies and just hot enough that you can sport bare legs and don't need a sweater. Thought it was the perfect opportunity to pull this dress out of my closet- I gained this hooded halter dress for a steal in a silent auction at Silver Daisy's fashion social fundraiser back in March.



The Outfit
  • Dress: Three Stones- Silver Daisy Designs (SJ, Mar '11)
  • Sandals: Sam Edelman- Olam (Montreal, June '09)
  • Belt: American Eagle (SJ, at least 8 yrs ago)
  • Sunglasses: Michael Kors- TJMaxx (New Hampshire, April '09)
  • Bracelet- Joe Fresh (won in Rebecca's giveaway, Mar '11)

So this is my first time posting since Google implemented a new look for Blogger as part of rebranding. The only contention I had at first was the fact that they've messed with the layout and moved all the buttons around. Like any changes, it just takes a few introductions to get used to it. Sometimes when it isn't broke, do you really need to fix it? But, overall, now that I got over the hijacking of Blogger's interface, it might actually be a step up with it's new look. Thankfully my blog will still look the same on the outside, so it shouldn't be affect you! No unwanted surprises there! How have other fellow Blogger users made out with this transition?



  

No comments: