Monday, August 29, 2011

love for peacocks...



Anyone who knows me, will find it no surprise that I'm attracted to peacock-related accessorizes and prints. Last weekend, while in Moncton to visit my sister for her birthday, I did a little shopping. I had a difficulty making decisions within Aldo's accessory store, but with the jewellery being budget-friendly and me being on a timeline, I snapped up a few items. This peacock necklace was one of the items I couldn't leave without.



The Outfit
  • Dress: Buttons- Francesca (Portland, Nov '10)
  • Belt: H&M (Dartmouth, July '10)
  • Shoes: Steve Madden- The Urban Shoe Myth (SJ, Mar '11)
  • Necklace: Aldo Accessories (Moncton, Aug '11)

Now that Irene has passed on we're onto another work week to juggle and get through. (Hope you've been lucky enough to not have felt her impact.) But- there are a few highlights I'm looking forward to! Tomorrow night is the first meeting of the Fashion Council of Saint John (FCSJ) at the Canterbury Lounge, as put together by Normand Hector (NWH Modelling). For more information on this non-profit group that's taking shape, be sure to visit the Facebook page.

And if you happen to be free this evening, head to Boston Pizza where Shelley Demerchant from The Urban Shoe Myth and Kiera Fraser from Je Suis Prest Boutique will be showcasing their fall fashions from 8-9pm. (Apparently Boston Pizza has been hosting a series of businesses for Girls' Night on Mondays this month.) Just bring a non-perishable item from your cupboard on your way out the door to support the food bank! Did I mention martinis are only $5? 



No comments: