Tuesday, November 15, 2011

floral & fur...

If there's one thing I've learned in the last (almost) 2 years of reading (and writing) fashion and style blogs, it's that being stylish doesn't always have a guaranteed or straight-forward recipe for success. Knowing your body and what you can pull off is an important aspect, but experimenting with different layers, textures, and colour combinations can be a fun exploration because in fashion, sometimes anything goes! (But it doesn't always.)

I've expanded my own personal style from the "shirt + pants + shoes = outfit" formula. I've learned layering pieces and accessorizing is a way to add interest or sophistication to an outfit. I've also learned that sometimes with outfit experimentation comes a hit or a miss.

This fall I've been inspired by other bloggers to up my efforts at finding new and interesting ways of combining and layering different textures.



The Outfit  Skirt (Old Navy) | Top (Jack BB Dakota, Je Suis Prest Boutique)
Sweater (American Eagle) | Necklace (Banana Republic) | Tights c/o We Love Colors
Boots (Born, The Urban Shoe Myth) | Beret (H&M) | Bracelet (Aldo)


I have to say, this beige sweater has been an all-time favourite and go-to of mine over the last few years. It's a nice neutral colour and, well, I love anything with a hood!

I can't believe that the holidays are closing in on us! Although I'm not over-eager enough to have pulled out the Christmas decor just yet, I have started planning what events and parties I'm going to attend. First up: the Urban Glam holiday party hosted by Je Suis Prest Boutique, The Urban Shoe Myth, and Design 4 Space this coming Saturday night (after having a peek at the Santa Claus Parade of course)! 

Will I be seeing you at this Saint John fashion event?



1 comment:

susan said...

Chelsea, I love this outfit!! Great layering you look wonderful!!