Thursday, November 10, 2011

urban rancher...

I'm always trying different looks and remixing items from my closet- but aside from the visual appeal of an outfit, the most important factor is always comfort! It may not be fancy or appropriate for a cocktail party, but I can go out for a coffee date with a friend or curl up on my couch and type up a blog post wearing this ensemble.

A year ago when I took on 30 for 30 challenge posed by Kendi Everyday I learned that it's how you mix and match elements and how you accessorize that can make your wardrobe go further- it's not actually dependent on how many items are hanging in your closet. Essentially, the accessorizes (hat, scarf, necklace, earrings, bracelets, belt..) can totally change the vibe of an outfit and making sure you combine at least 3 items (i.e. top + vest + bottoms or dress + belt + coloured tights + statement necklace) in an ensemble that can bring an outfit from plain to stylish.



The Outfit  Shearling vest (Gentle Fawn, Je Suis Prest) | Jeggings (Guess, Envy) 
Shirt (similiar): Joe Fresh | Boots: Born- Urban Shoe Myth
Bracelet (ESquared, Silver Daisy Designs)


This shearling vest from Je Suis Prest Boutique has to be one of my favourite versatile items to remix. And speaking of Je Suis Prest, if you're local, have you heard about their Urban Glam Party coming up on Saturday, November 19? They're pairing up with The Urban Shoe Myth (and Design 4 Space) to showcase Saint John's exciting fashions and shoes for the upcoming holidays all while supporting a great cause in the Coverdale Centre for Women. Tickets go on sale for $30 today- and I anticipate they'll be sold out very soon because I do believe the max number is 150! Hop into Je Suis Prest Boutique or The Urban Shoe Myth to get your tickets ASAP! 

Will I be seeing you at the Urban Glam Party?


No comments: